Monday, July 30, 2012

TOP REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD LIVE,STUDY,VISIT,AND FINALLY GRATEFUL OF BEING IN JORDAN


salam alaykum:)

I’ve always been interested in when it comes to talking about Jordan. Jordan is cool, really cool, but it doesn’t seem that way from the ads I’ve seen for it. Traditional, fuddy duddy stuff that smack of “Jordan is the Best!” is just boring. Jordan isn’t really advertised from an outsider’s perspective. A lot of the time it’s shown through a Jordanian person’s perspective, and – as a result – it seems that what’s interesting to Jordanians about Jordan isn’t interesting to foreigners about Jordan. At least, that’s my position. Dead Sea,Petra,Kahfi Cave,delicious foods,interesting customs,beautiful jilbabs and others still make me say wow, show me that Jordan is fun and quirky and cool, while many my Jordanian friends just think of them as common place and boring. Pshaw!



Being patriotic is out of fashion in many circles these days.  I know plenty of people who wouldn't dream of flying to Jordan.Ok, these ideas are obnoxiously stuck in my head. Now look: I know it’s difficult to be creative. I have to be creative and frequently have to dig deep into my crazy imaginations  so that I can think up something at least remotely funny that can make you interested in this entry.but this is hopefuly will be just a handful entry for our juniors who are coming to Jordan soon:)just attribute my implicit profundity here.:D

so,with that being said,I've decided to write an entry of "Why Jordan is so Special",but that is not the title here btw,I am still squeezing my brain thinking the title:D there are zillion trillion things I've got to tell you.but I'm afraid I don't know how.cuz there's a possibility that you will look at me differently.ok,so let's get started:D and I'm sorry for writing this entry in English,not in Malay,or Arabic,because of the fluidity of the English language itself,I often talk Malay or Arabic inappropiately to other Malay or Arabic people,and often use inappropiate words, but it make sense to my English speaking mind:D

1 .FOOD
first thing u would never regret is the food.the first time I ate jordanian foods,it was so tasty.I kept saying wow everytime I tasted it. MANSAF,MAQLUBAH,MANDI,BRIYANI,SHAWARMA,KABSAH,KATAYEF,DALEK KARSHAK(?)(I spelt it my way)ETC2,told yaa.there're very delicious.there's no love sincerer than the love of food.talk about the chicken!Delicious. Like, really really Junho-from-2PM-finger licking good.ehh??? Some restaurants really overcook the chicken so you’re hacking at it with your little blunt fingers or forks and spoons trying hard not to just pick it up like a barbarian or…dare I say…DOTHRAKI MAN WARRIOR!!!!

Jordan!how did I live before your delicious and heart melting foods?GAaaaaaaahhhh!!

and all that you can say if you eat the Jordan's halawiyat is kind of  “WHATTHEFUDGE!?”.(that's what I can interpret from my friends's face expression) after saying alhamdulillah:D

Jordan's halawiyat are so delicious I wanna cry:D


2.RAMADHAN'S CELEBRATION

this is one of the most exciting things in Jordan that I'm eager to tell you about. in Jordan,people here celebrate Ramadhan more than Eid,we all know that whoever do good deeds during Ramadhan,that good things will be multiplied.of course yes,because in this holy month, all the gates of The Paradise are opened wide and all the gates of the Hell are closed shut. everyone here seems competing each other in doing good deeds,ranging from even worthless-pouring a glass of mineral water and distribute it inside the whole masjid until inviting guests in their houses for iftar.they are very friendly and like

"hey,matey,would you mind coming over my house for iftar?'.like that.most of Arabic people who already have their own family usually do that.

well,I'm not saying that we(Malaysian people)here are soo excited to have free foods in the house of some matey,but,somehow,you can even forget their foods and instead suddenly feel like part of their family when your parents are very far away.

plus the beautiful sceneries with blinkblink colourful lamps along the road,making you feel like not going back to Malaysia and celebrating the Ramadhan here,nahhhhh,that is so prettyyhh

kind of romantic(?),kind of not


3.MEN AND WOMEN RARELY APPEAR TOGETHER IN PUBLIC.

yup,this is one of the most amazing things I found here.it is hard to find men and women appear  together in public unless they are siblings or family,usually.but wait,it doesn't mean that men are treating women bad here. in the buses,especially,there are lots of gentlemen who are more than willing to offer you their seats,when you seem clueless of where to sit,like a Don!:Dand actually in buses we usually seat next to the same gender,which is wayyy more proper and comfortable.and sitting next to the opposite gender was the last option when no other seats are available,and usually the man would rather change to another bus to make you comfortable.:)
I think this is because simply this Kingdom itself,(The Hashemite Kingdom Of Jordan) have trained their netizens to be as the way they are now.I mean,since elementary school,the gender are separated.they only have school for Guys and school For gals,unless it's like an English style school.Holy freak!wasn't that amazing?

4.THE RABBANI(ISLAMIC) VIBES

yeah,this is the most unique thing I'm proud of.profuse of examples I would like to tell here,but long story short,I will just state a few extreme and super tempting examples.

First,on the very moment you hear Adhan,all people will straight away rush to perform the prayer,in Mosque.every store owner will leave their stores and answer His call.theriouthly this ith tho shazamm mann!!I mean,they left their store opened rushing without stealing even a second to hide their money,things,or any other precious goods,believing that "Em well,you take care of Allah's will,Allah will take care everything for you".T.T.seriously guithe,name it Iphone store,Jewellary store,furniture store,etc2,they will just leave it like that to go to the mosque.and sometimes people will just park their cars in the middle of the roads,randomly like a chaos,just to run for Jumuah prayer.*run netizens run!!!*lol
the awesome phenomenon you can find in Jordan.my reaction:0_________0!


Second.if you  are able to go to the nearby mosque,well,let's just go to the mosque,but how about people who are still in their working time?the taxi drivers,the bus drivers,the cashiers in the shopping mall,the security guards,yup,they have their own way to respect that time,in the taxis,or buses,name that every song you could hear in the radio,even it is the hard core Linkin Park song,even the guy seems like a bad one who only knows to smoke and flirt women they find on the roads,even he is a driver who always cheat people for the taxi fares,whenever they hear Adhan,they will turn off the radios,stop singing,stay still,and answer the adhan.even in the biggest shopping mall ever in this country,name it The Mecca Mall,The City Mall,Taj Mall,Arabella Mall or whatsoever when people are busy shopping goods,in the Carefour,etc2, they will stop the music and quietly continue their jobs while answering the adhan.errrmaaahhgawddd!!that is so cool yo!*crying*

Third,in Jordan is where you find people appreciating Al-Quran the most and practicing it as the way of life.
 

everywhere,even an old man who works as a garbage collector himself,he carry AlQuran with him every time.even in the medical school,there are lots of medical students memorize Al-Quran and they do it gradually every week after lectures.and to the utmost cool thing is when,this is where you can find manyyyyy people reading Al-Quran ,crying.seriously you will feel like crying too whenever you see this kind of atmosphere.during tarawih prayers,especially,because it is the only time for me to go to mosque every night and meet Arabic people,I often see that,and by living here for almost 2 years made me understand Arabic a lot,yup,it is a great feeling because you can understand Al-Quran and cry together with them,whether inside the prayer or not.can you imagine?you are praying jamaah in the mosque and the Imam read this while performing the prayer;

"He is Allah,there is no God but He,the Knower of the unseen and the manifest,He is the Most Merciful,the Most Compassionate.He is Allah,there is no God but He,the King,the Holy,the All Peace,the Giver of Security,the Overseer,ThE Most Mighty,the Overpowering,the All-Great.Exalted be He from whatever they associate with Him"(Al-Hashr:22-23)

I remember the first time I heard these verses when the Imam cried reciting;"Huallah allazi Laaa ilaa ha,Laaa ilaaha..*and he cried severely*Laa ilaaha illa hua 'alimul ghaibi wassyahaadah,*cried with me*Hua ar Rahman,ar Rahiim"*burst into tears*

It's a good thing to understand Arabic actually,because besides it is as the language of Jannah,you can feel that you are the most special-yet-nothing servant of Allah,for example from the above verse,you are no one except His lucky servant who are lucky enough to be born being His servant.T.T

5. Jordan is where you can find people who put their utmost trust in Allah.in every speeches,talks,conversations,they always insert a du'a to Allah.
for example, after you do a sadaqah,that people who receive the money will say"Allahu yubaarik fiik",meaning:May God bless you.
when you say you have exams in 5 minutes time and tell the taxi driver to drive faster,he'll say:"Allahu yanjih insyaAllah",meaning,"God will grant you succes",
when you are celebrating Ramadhan,and suddenly bumped into a matey on the road,he will say"Kullu Am wa enta bikheir",meaning,"May God grant you prosperity,kind,etc2 every years",
when you suddenly find your life is difficult,there's always people who will say"Allahu yusahhilna insyaAllah",meaning;"God will ease you"

and the list goes on..

I found one old man who is a garbage collector near my house,every day,he will come to the big garbage bin near my house,waiting for boxes,cans,and sometimes I can see he get scolded by some official-garbage-collector-truck-man.whenever I walk pass him,he will pray for me"Allah sallamtik",meaning"May Allah protect you".
and to the most extreme example,is when I got into a taxi one last day,when I gave the taxi driver the fares,he just took the money without looking it.I mean,he just have faith of how much Allah wants to give him the money on that time.perhaps I could give him only 5 cents?who knows?but he just took that,say Alhamdullilah,and say thank you to me.

5.JORDAN IS THE LAND FULL OF BARAKAH

this sound simple,but actually this is the most profound thing.have you ever imagine,how,in the middle of hot summer when it is so nasty hot outside. NASTY! OOH YOU SO NASTY MOTHER NATURE! Seriously nasty. The weather’s very bizarre,and we’ve got hot, muggy weather every day. ,suddenly a frost come from the sky?,raining suddenly like in the cold winter when actually the temperature is almost 50 degree celcius,in the middle of Jumuah day,or in the first day of Ramadhan?well,that happens frequently in Jordan.what are more relaxing than the sound of the hoarfrost and the thunder accompanied by asar adhan? What a miracle in the middle of hot summer?yup,indeed Allah is a magnificient Creator.He can do anything in this land of Barakah.whenever He want,He will grant people here prosperities!

and in this land of barakah,is when you feel like all your du'as are accepted and He grant you yer wishes!even when you deliberately talk to your friends about something good and hoping that you would experience it too,He will grant tchu that!told yaa.I've experienced it so many times,but in condition that you have to stay away from sins and put all your trust in Him.

When you feel that your heart feel  as if it’s shriveled up all day, and your heart is racing and feel as if it is going to explode and you feel so exasperated, and you feel asphyxiated even when you are breathing and seriously thinking you are going to go crazy! Despite how much you shout and stomp your feet, it will not make you feel better, even in the slightest! but when you lift your two cute hands,praying sincerely,Allah will hear it straight away.now,this things can happen even out of Jordan,but I don't know why I always feel this land is full of barakah,that all my wishes here are granted.*many people say that too*

6. yup,Jordan isn't so civilized as other countries,as Switzerland,London,Germany,Korea,or other Europe or Asian countries that I have been to,but somehow with all these good sides and a close faith to Him relationship,I can say it covers all.yup,in Jordan we learn in English,we rarely communicate in Arabic with local citizens,in fact,I met someone in one of the Europe country,saying

"so,you learn in English,talk to lecturers in English,exams in English,etc,how can you improve your country's language?"

em.actually we don't understand Arabic much but at the same time we understand Al-Quran well.got it?it's not the point of how much you empower yourselves with that foreign language that you can show off or be like:in a British phrase that I’ve always wanted to use – taking the piss, at others which is absolutely way too wrong!seeing patients in hospitals,clinics,health centers,meeting Arabic people who taught us indirectly of the true Islamic way of life,is more than enough.plus what have you done for Islam with that skillfull foreign language speakings?

7.yup,Jordan doesn't have THE OBVIOUS 4 SEASONS of winter,summer,fall,spring(although summer seems the most obvious here),and you can say,
"so,you don't have snow for several days?it only remains several hours and at that time is the only time when you can finally wear your windbreaker?or your wintercoat?seriously?like for a day or two?"haha haha haha*evil laugh*

mother nature,I put in a snow request for Dec-Jan.thank you!-Amman


Pfftt.what's the point of having the obvious winter and snow and you can be like goGOGOGogoo PLAYplay playy playy MEEEEEEWWWW you,playing and joying with the froast,when you can never be grateful of it?when you can never think of what hikmah should you grab from that gifts?what's the point of playing and capturing beautiful pictures of flowers blossoming in spring,with that rainy season during winter are all cute and sweet, with nice umbrellas and cute outfits and all.when you can never think what's the hikmah hidden behind that prosperities?huh?huh?am I right?am I right?well,long words short,Jordan doesn't need all of that when He give us every beautiful snows,springs,etc2 whenever He want to,even in the most ridiculous time.alhamdullilah,so praise thE Lord!

8."so Jordan doesn't have these shazammmn cool tranposrtation systems like the subways,trams,trains,the train with the fastest speed in France for example,etc2 with the most organized ,freaking punctual transportation system,huh?"
uploading Jordan's top flight:ROYAL JORDANIAN.hehe
 yup,I can say that.but alhamdulillah,we are near each other.we can ziarah each other just by walking,man!we can meet every week,studying together,eating together,and even doing dakwah!instead of skyping,what is more amazing than meeting each other with lots of foods,funs,friends that you can meet in person and the ukhuwah is even more diabetic?theriouthly,nothing are more patthionate(Passionate)than that yo.ok well,enough blathering.

for future juniors,Jordan is awesome!

may this entry give quite an impression to future juniors who are coming soon,we are more than willing to welcome you this fall,and may He keep you in His infinite wisdoms.^^

and for whoever who sneakingly doubt this entry,like "was Jordan like that for real?there're lots of things I don't agree here though",what can I say is:

1.perhaps you didn't go through it and I'm sorry I have gone through it before you
2.perhaps they were there,but you didn't realize it,and for that hope you can be more alert,trying to find the hikmah Allah grant you with the heart,not with the eyes,nor mind.look things through the lens of Islam,not Nafs,or people's judgement,insyaAllah you will grab hikmah even from the simplest thing.
3. and if you are freaking sure that you haven't experience all this,what ever Allah does for you,allow you to experience,is the best for you,which is different from me,which is the best for me too.

  I don’t mind it when people disagree with my opinion,based off of misconstruing what I’ve said into something completely false, and attempting to interpret my secret or unspoken intentions about the Islamic vibes here. I can’t address every single issue in this massive tirade, but what I can say to you again is,
 this is just hopefully a handful entry to help making the future juniors' minds,and I can't be the only one thinking that writing an entry about "TOP BIZARRE THINGS ABOUT JORDAN" is quite useless.yeah,for sure,Jordan has two sides,and freaking no,I will not write about the bad side.
as for my travelog about Europe,will try to finish that>.<




6 comments:

  1. it's true~ exactly like what I consider Jordan are :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. assalam..
    i'm junior-to-be at jordan
    thanks coz this entry makes me bit realise.
    many said jordan is not so cool as UK,US..etc
    but this entry struck me..and finally say to myself
    JORDAN really amazing only if my view is amazing bout it.:)
    anyway...thanks alot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah.jordan is cool,sis but not very islamic as u mentioned here.i have bunch of secularist,liberalist and even agnostic jordanian friends.i assume that you are a medical/dental student where islamic student represantative kotla dominate there and they are very friendly with malaysian students.there are a lot of cool things you can do there ex shopping,hiking,learn karate etc.enjoy your life there and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Friend :)
    Thank you for realizing that about My country Jordan :)
    Here you can meet all kind of ppl ; gd and bad
    all kinds of seasons , Food , Places !
    Jordan Is rich like No other country , and the best thing is about weather and Kind ppl !
    Jordanians love their guests :)
    Welcome here <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love to say sth about Islam in Jordan !
    you noe what , i was just like some ppl who may visit Jordan and see that its not islamic !
    but the fact i realized recently is that There are many out there who adore Islam , and doing too many gd stuff in order to spreed it !
    So try to Look for those when u visit Jordan , and remember Jordan is not just what u see in uni !

    ReplyDelete